built-in and online user manual format deficiencies

Hello everyone,

We are using GIMP 2.4 on OpenSuSE Linux 10.3. Recently, to our great
surprise, we discovered that:

1) Both the online and the built-in version of the user manual lacks
the  search function. That is rather peculiar because to the best of
my recollection it was there in the previous versions.

2) The built-in manual (GIMP Help Browser) lacks proper titles for
many chapters, displaying "???TITLE???" instead.

There are also other miscellaneous problems of lesser significance but
the issues mentioned  above are major and make using the help facility
barely possible. I am just wondering if there is a plan to fix that.
Overall, we like GIMP a lot and it is quite useful, and it is a shame
that the user manual/help facility's shortcomings get in the way of a
quality user experience.

Thanks.

Boris.