Re: help xml [was: manual license]

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 10:16:57PM +0100, Ulf-D. Ehlert wrote:> BTW, did anyone notice this:> > 	"You may include a translation of this License, and all the license> 	notices in the Document, and any Warranty Disclaimers, provided that> 	you also include the original English version of this License and the> 	original versions of those notices and disclaimers."> Yes but this states something different:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/translations.html
Information about unofficial translations
The reason the FSF does not approve these translations as officially validis that checking them would be difficult and expensive (needing the help ofbilingual lawyers in other countries). Even worse, if an error did slipthrough, the results could be disastrous for the whole free softwarecommunity. As long as the translations are unofficial, they can't do anyharm, and we hope they help more people understand our licenses.
We give permission to publish translations of the GNU GPL, LGPL, AGPL, andFDL into other languages, provided that you (1) label your translations asunofficial (see below for how to do this), to inform people that they do notcount legally as substitutes for the authentic version, and (2) you agree toinstall changes at our request, if we learn from other friends of GNU thatchanges are necessary to make the translation clearer.
To label your translations as unofficial, please add the following text atthe beginning, both in English and in the language of the translation.Replace language with the name of that language, and “GNU General PublicLicense” and “GPL” with the name and abbreviation of the license you'retranslating, if it's not the GPL:
    This is an unofficial translation of the GNU General Public License intolanguage. It was not published by the Free Software Foundation, and does notlegally state the distribution terms for software that uses the GNU GPL—onlythe original English text of the GNU GPL does that. However, we hope thatthis translation will help language speakers understand the GNU GPL better. =========================================
which is correct?
I'll commit this that should suffice,
#: src/appendix/fdl.xml:15(para)msgid """Copyright (C) 2000,2001,2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. 59 TemplePlace, ""Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA Everyone is permitted to copy and ""distribute verbatim copies of this license document, but changing it is not""allowed."msgstr """Copyright (C) 2000,2001,2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. 51 Franklin St,Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. Chiunque può copiare e distribuirecopie letterali di questo documento di licenza; non è tuttavia permessomodificarlo.\n""---\n""This is an unofficial translation of the GNU Free Documentatio License intoitalian. It was not published by the Free Software Foundation, and does notlegally state the distribution terms for software that uses the GNU FDL—onlythe original English text of the GNU FDL does that. However, we hope thatthis translation will help language speakers understand the GNU FDL better.\n""---\n""Questa è una traduzione non ufficiale della GNU Free Documentation Licensein italiano. Non è una pubblicazione della Free Software Foundation, e nonha validità legale per i termini di distribuzione della documentazione cheusa la GNU FDL; solo il testo originale inglese della GNU FDL ha talevalidità. Comunque, speriamo che questa traduzione aiuti chi parla italianoa comprendere meglio la GNU FDL."
but the 2 & 3 para should go into a different box (whenever we agree on howto do this) IMHO.

--
Marco Ciampa
+--------------------+| Linux User  #78271 || FSFE fellow   #364 |+--------------------+_______________________________________________Gimp-docs mailing listGimp-docs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-docs