Re: images

julien (Dienstag, 13. Januar 2009, 07:19):
> All seems to be right after svn update...

Yes, obviously just a local problem. My working copy was fucked up and I
had to checkout the changed directories again.

> I need some more explanations.
> Example: src/menus/selection-border.xml
> In this file we have
> fileref="images/dialogs/selection-border.png"
>
> I suppose that 'make' will add /C/, /de/, /fr/... automatically
> according to the selected language.

'make' will (hopefully) create
	xml/
		xml/fr/
			xml/fr/images/

(There is a minor bug: empty directories xml/fr/images/{C,common} will
be created too - I'll fix that.)

> But we have also
> fileref="images/dialogs/examples/border-selection-02.png",
> that is an image common to all languages.
> There, /C/, /de/, /fr/... must not be added.
>
> How will 'make' manage this?
> Must we move this image to images/common/ ?

'make' searches for image files in images/common/ and in images/C/, and
checks if there is a corresponding localized image in images/fr/ - if
so, it will create a symlink to the localized file, otherwise it
creates a symlink to the image file in images/C.

The images in "images/common/" were just the images/*.* files which
didn't belong to any special section (menus, filters, etc.).

Example:

1) For "images/C/dialogs/selection-border.png" there is a localized
version "images/fr/menus/selection-border.png", then a symlink

	xml/fr/images/menus/selection-border.png ->
		/path/to/images/fr/menus/selection-border.png

will be created.
Of course, if there is a localized file with a different name, this
won't work.

2) For "images/C/dialogs/examples/border-selection-02.png" there is no
corresponding localized image, so 'make' creates the symlink

	xml/fr/images/dialogs/examples/border-selection-02.png ->
		/path/to/images/C/dialogs/examples/border-selection-02.png

Then "html/fr/images" will be created as a symlink to "xml/fr/images",
and you should have your French images back.

For 'en' I have changed the code so that there is the same directory
structure as for the other languages, and making xml-en will create
symlinks to the source files and to the image files.

You'll have to remove the symlink "xml/en", because now a
directory "xml/en" will be created. (Maybe it's the right time for
testing
	"make [-n] [-f Makefile.GNU] clean".)

Good luck!
Ulf