Re: Cygwin and .po, first steps

Hi Vitaly,

Vitaly Lomov (Montag, 5. Januar 2009, 12:33):
> While I still get errors (below), I got the index.html file in
> html/ru with images.
> The command was "make -f Makefile.GNU", no fancy target
> specification.
>
> I use cygwin (latest 2.573.2.3) on Win2K.
> Packages I had to get for the new build system:
> gettext(0.17-3, 178k) - that fixes msggmt(1) error - thanks to Ulf.
> gettext-devel - probably not needed, but just in case, it had gettext
> in the name.

According to http://cygwin.com/packages/gettext/gettext-0.17-3
it seems that you don't need gettext, but gettext-devel is required.

> pngcrush(1.6.7-1, 43k) - that fixes the warning about png image
> optimization libxml2 - I thought that would fix the libxml2 module
> not found error, but it didn't, you need
> python-libxml2(2.7.2-1, 204k) - python bindings
>
> the errors(warnings):
> 1.Warning: cannot load module 'docbook', using automatic detection
> (-a). -Happens for every POT file, just clutters the screen, the
> error is in tools/xml2po file

Yes, we still have a problem with xml2po. I will write a separate email
describing the problem, we will have to decide what to do.

> 2.*** Making html for ru ...
> mkdir: cannot create directory `html/ru': Permission denied

I think making html/images failed, I will fix that.

>    -I don't know why the permission would be denied, I am a user with
> admin rights.

This is not a good idea...

> I created the html/ru folder manually, no complaints
> afterwards.
> 3.make: *** [html/ru/index.html] Error 1
> I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
> http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.5/docboo kx.dtd
> xml/ru/menus/file-close.xml:2: warning: failed to load external
> entity "http://w ww.docbook.org/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"
> //OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.5//EN"
> "http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"; -That's a bigger deal.
> Cygwin doesn't provide docbook 4.5 package yet, 4.4 is the latest. I
> don't know what this error effects, since I got my local xml and html
> files.

Grrr, DocBook 4.5 is released october 2006!

> 4. No template matches placeholder-1 in phrase.
>    -Got a few of those, not idea what to do. May be I will get
> placeholder in the final html?

The xml2po problem mentioned above.

Ulf