Re: make html-fr

julien (Montag, 29. Dezember 2008, 09:35):
> >> Just try "make html-fr" and report what's going wrong
> >
> > I tried : images are not displayed in the html files :-(
>
> I have them now...!
> But they are all in english, because image references in xml-fr are
> all to the english image

Yes, this will be one of our next tasks: change the directory
structure of the image files so that we get localized images again.

This is the current (old) structure:

	images/
		menus/
			image.png
			xx/
				image.png
	html/
		xx/
		images -> ../images

It worked fine with the old multi-lang documents, since we were alway
referring (manually) to the correct image:
	<imagedata fileref="../images/menus/image.png"/> (English)
or
	<imagedata fileref="../images/menus/xx/image.png"/> (lang="xx"),
but now the translated xml files always refer to the English image -
there was nothing to translate (unless we patched xml2po).

We have to find a way so that we refer to the right image automatically.
My first suggestion was to change the directory structure to

	images/
		menus/
			image.png
		C/		# (!?)
			...	#
		en/		# (!??)
			...	#
		xx/
			menus/
				image.png
	html/
		xx/
			images/

... and copy (or link?) from images/xx to html/xx/images if a localized
image exist, otherwise copy (link) from images/[en/ or C/].

Problems:
	-  sometime the filenames of the localized images differ from
	   the names of the English images;  :-(
	-  we have to change every fileref from "../images" to "images/
	   [easy with a find-loop and "sed -i"];
	-  we have to do the same with pdf/ and odf/.

So maybe it's better to copy (link?) image files to xml/ when
making "xml-xx" and make symlinks from html/, pdf/, and odf/ to the
image directory in xml/:

	images/
		...	# see above
	xml/
		xx/
			images/
	html/
		xx/
			images -> ../../xml/xx/images

More suggestions? Maybe a completely different approach?

Bye,
Ulf