Re: Merged xml2po and migrated content

Roman Joost (Sonntag, 21. Dezember 2008, 19:08):
> Ulf will probably reply to my mail and talk about his future plans.

Hmm, I thought of having some nice days without working on anything, of
course... ;-)

> There is a Makefile.GNU in the root of the module. It's his
> playground of an automake-free gimp-help-2 module. If you want to try
> out the Makefile, just rename it to 'Makefile' and *don't* run
> ./autogen.sh or configure afterwards.

Some additional notes (I've just spent some hours updating my local
working copy and did not check anything):

Don't expect anything to work, we just have a starting point, not more.

We tried to save as many translations as possible, but there was no
chance to save them all.

Some of the xml or po files may be totally useless, and some of the
useless files may be fixed by editing the original multi-language xml
file and applying the migrating script to the changed files, so tell us
when you find such files.

For using "Makefile.GNU" instead of the autotools-generated "Makefile",
	make -f Makefile.GNU ...
should work ("-f" is not GNU-specific).

You may alway try
	make -n [-f Makefile.GNU] ...
to see what "make" *would* do (without really executing it), e.g.
	make -n pot
	make -n po-de
	make -n xml-de
	make -n html-de

If something doesn't work (and this *will* happen) don't panic until
Roman tells you so. ;-)

I don't have any fixed plans for the future, but I think the next steps
should be
	- changing the image directories structure so that we can use
	  localized images again,
	- merge po files, e.g. one po file per subdirectory.

Your ideas are always welcome...

Ulf