[Gimp-developer] Request to include Gimp Manual

Hi Roman,

I still think there is a kind of misunderstanding.

1. Susan A. Jones is the penname used for the editor of this book used to set it up at Amazon.
The term editor can create confusion for people less familiar with English, because it is used in various senses in the publishing industry. For this book the editor has technically prepared the manuscripts for this publication to be printed as a physical book.
In the publishing industry it is a very common way to name a book editor and does not violate any author rights.

2. Susan A. Jones is in NO way mentioned within the manual book. Not on the book cover and not inside the book (but Amazon used the word "Author" in their listing instead of using the wording "Editor" and I made the same mistake in my first message here on the message board when I asked for adding the book.)
If you take a look at Amazon you will find thousands of book pages where the editor name is mentioned instead of the author names.

3. There is no Author mentioned on the cover. All authors are correctly mentioned within the manual book.
Inside the book there is the page called "Preface, Users Manual Authors and Contributors"
Quoting this page:

User Manual Authors and Contributors
Content Writers William Skaggs, C´ edric Gémy, Julien Hardelin, Raymond Ostertag, Mel Boyce, Daniel Egger, Róman Joost,
Oliver Ellis
Graphics, Stylesheets Jakub Steiner, Róman Joost, Daniel Egger
Build System, Technical Contributions Sven Neumann, Michael Natterer, Henrik Brix Andersen, Daniel Egger, Thomas Schraitle,
Chris Hübsch, Axel Wernicke
Project Maintenance Róman Joost, Daniel Egger

To make that more evident and obvious we will update the book product description with adding all author names within the description as listed in the manual. (These are different names as on there are now on the website you sent me the link.)
I will also try to force Amazon to correct their wrong wording on their product page (Editor instead of Author).

I already signed up with the DocList and I hope we can discuss their the possibility of publishing an updated manual.
Thanks,

Monica