[Gimp-developer] Request to include Gimp Manual Book at Gimp.org books (Gimp merchandise)

> From: designhouse@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To: gimp-docs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Joost: Request to include Gimp Manual Book at Gimp.org books (Gimp merchandise)
> Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 04:30:27 -0300

>> Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] Request to include Gimp Manual Book at	Gimp.org books (Gimp merchandise)
>
> Hi, I would like to request to some developer (web team) to include this printed softcover edition of the GIMP Manual which we published some weeks ago, under the BOOK section of www.gimp.org
>
> It's available through Amazon and we will DONATE 10% of all net revenues to Gimp.
>

> The Book details (cover images available on both websites mentioned below):
>
> Title: GIMP - The official Manual
> Author: Susan A. Jones
> Format: Paperback, 718p.
> ISBN-10: 1440427062
> ISBN-13: 978-1440427060
> Publisher/Date: CreateSpace September 2008
> Website: http://gimpmanual.weebly.com
> Website: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1440427062
>

> Product Description
> GIMP Users Manual. 718-pages paperback-book edition. The HOW TO to Photo Retouching, Image Composition and Image Authoring The ultimate Users Manual for GIMP, the freely distributed IMAGE SOFTWARE. "GIMP" stands for "GNU Image Manipulation Program". GIMP is a free Photo and image Software for Photo Retouching, Image Composition and Image Authoring. This complete Users Manual will help you to learn the program and to work with all of it's functions. The "HOW TO" to Photo Retouching, Image Composition and Image Authoring. The ultimate "HOW TO GIMP" manual.
>

>> From: sven@xxxxxxxx
>> To: designhouse@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> CC: gimp-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 08:29:41 +0200
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 01:45 -0300, Monica Kraenzle wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, it is a pdf formatted version of http://docs.gimp.org .
>>>
>>> We formatted the gnu-labeled PDF version for book printing and designed this cover.
>>> All pages are completed including all gnu informations.
>>>
>>> GNU Image Manipulation Program
>>> December 2, 2007
>>> REVISION HISTORY
>>> $Revision: 2129 $ 2007-07-15 romanofski
>>
>> It's a somewhat unprofessional approach to print and sell the user
>> manual without getting in contact with the authors beforehand, isn't it?
>> And then you put "Susan A. Jones" as the author. Who is that? I don't
>> remember having seen that name among the contributors to the GIMP user
>> manual.
>>
>>> Could you help to get this up on the book page?
>>
>> I don't think we want to advertize an outdated copy of the user manual.
>> Definitely not without approval from the GIMP docs team. So please ask
>> them first.
>>

>> Sven
>
> Hi Sven,

> [...]

Hi Roman,

Sorry I am new to all these kind of lists and how this works and I just hardly found out how to contact anyone here.
All authors are credited in the book as this part is part of the GNU-document.

Please see my previous communications and my comments to Sven which I made in the developer mailing list.

Although I am getting in contact late I hope that there is a way to cooperate and if there is any updated pdf version anywhere we would be happy to publish a second edition quickly.

We would like to support gimp with donating a part of the revenue.
I hoped and I hope that this would be in everybody's interest.

Anyway that we could get that back on track?

Monica