Re: Current status on migration to gettext/po

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 05:00:12PM +0200, Roman Joost wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I just want to move a discussion I had with Ulf D. Ehlert from private
> to public to invite more people.
>
> As for the change of the build system: I created a branch named
> 'xml2po-support' on which we're currently working. There is a custom
> Makefile developed by Ulf which uses a few code snippets from publican
> to create po/pot directories. Ulf can perhaps write a bit more about
> that and his plans with it. In my opinion it should be generated by
> autoconf, like our current Makefile.am creates the Makefile.
>
> If you want to try out the current branch create a checkout by:
>
>     svn co svn+ssh://romanofski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/svn/gimp-help-2/branches/xml2po-support
>
> The old 'src' directory is moved into 'oldsrc' and a profiled, English
> only version is kept under 'src'. From this sources po/pot files are
> created if you run for example:
>
>     make pot-de
>     make po-de
>
> the basis of the German translation is created.
>
> I'm on vacation of around 14 days from today and will probably hardly
> check my e-mails. Though I'm eager to hear other peoples comments and
> will probably continue to work on the migration after I'm back.
>
> Cheers,
I'm missing something.
I've done the checkout (version same to the trunk - 2525 - right?).
Done

make pot-it

in the root (where there is the Makefile).
I do not see any special Makefile.
Nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

(I'm feeling a little dumb...)

--