Re: no make for color-management.xml

Roman Joost skreiv:
> Hi Kolbjørn,
>
> On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 11:22:09PM +0200, Kolbjørn Stuestøl wrote:
>
>> When running 'make' (make ALL_LINGUAS="no") the file
>> "concepts/color-management.xml" is not found.
>>
> Actually, you always want to compile the HTML files including English:
>
>     make ALL_LINGUAS="en no"
>
> because English is the current fallback language if no translation for
> Norwegian exist.
>

>> No HTML code generated for 'no' from this file.
>>
> I just tested and got no error.
>

>> I have checked for the "normal" errors such as missing lang tags etc.
>> (Copy: '
>> <sect1 id="gimp-concepts-color-management" lang="en;de;fr;it;ko;no;ru">').
>> Moreover: When running "svn diff" all my changes are recognized, also
>> those in the "color-management.xml". The only exception is that instead
>> of the usual error message generated from the revision tag when running
>> "patch -p0..." ("Hunk #2 FAILED at 36") I now get "Hunk #2 succeeded at
>> 36 with fuzz 2".
>>
>> Running make ALL_LINGUAS="en de" makes the HTML, including color
>> management. (Have not tried other languages).
>>
> Hm... everything up to date? Do a 'svn up' to verify that ...

Thank you Roman for giving a try.
Yes, I tried both svn update and svn checkout after deleting the file
"color-management.xml".
As "svn diff" recognized the difference, it probably is a problem in the
make part of the program. Looks like "make validate" do not see or
recognize the 'no' in the lang tag. As an experiment I added the missing
'no' tags by hand directly to the xml/no.xml file generated by the
"make", and thereafter run make ALL_LINGUAS="no" and got the missing
HTML codes. But that's not the solution ;-)

Someone who knows what "make" are looking for (other than the lang tags)
when generating the HTML? I do not know a way to trace or step the
running of any command in Cygwin. Someone knows?
When I started translating there was a problem somewhere as the program
read the lang tag 'no' as no (opposite of yes) but I do not think this
is the problem now as all other files as far as I know are recognized.
Should be happy to find another file not translated to Norwegian to give
it a try.
At the moment I do not add the Norwegian translation of the
color-management.xml file and comment out the links to this file. But am
still trying to find a solution.
Kolbjørn