General Mini-HOWTO for subscribing/unsubscribing

On Friday 13 June 2008, karlfaxnas@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Can you cancel me from your list. I am using Blender, not  Gimp any
> longer.

Since questions like this pop up every now and then, I'll try to give a
mini-HOWTO for canceling your subscription on your own, without having to ask
for it.
want to know what's going on, want to share your thoughts?  Or maybe it isn't
that interesting any more after some time and you want to save your email
account from countless mails you don;t have the time to read anyway?  Then
this is the right information for you.

At the bottom of each list email you find a short summry about the list,
including a link to a web site, like this:

By browsing to that link (point your mouse over it and click, or, if your
email client doesn't allow that, copy&paste it into your favourite web
browser) you'll come to this list's management page.  You might recognize it,
it's where you subscribed for the list in the first place.  Quite near the
bottom is a field to enter your address in case you want to unsubscribe
again.  Enter your address there, press the "Unsubscribe or edit options"
button to see the next page.  There's another button labeled "Unsubscribe".
Press that one as well.  You will get one final email with further
instructions to confirm your unsubscription, iff you really want to say good
bye.  But don't worry, you can subscribe again any time you like on the
afore-visited page.

Print out this text, cut along the =l=i=n=e=s= and pass it on to your
desperate mates as well, hang it on your cubicle walls or do with it whatever
you want.

Greetings, Daniel