Re: documentation of the clipping options: no answer

> I just tried to enhance the general options for transform tools (see
> http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tools-transform.html#gimp-tool-transform)
> .
>
> Unfortunately I don't get what "crop to result" and "crop with aspect"
> actually do. Can somebody explain that to me on the list please?
Your question got no answer.

That's a problem I have met since I have started writing help.
Most often, experimenting, reading books, reviews, gimp forums,
bugzilla, I can write explanations. And if I am wrong, others will correct.

There still remain some features, especially new functions, that I can't
explain.
I can't read C code.
That's why I think that developers should write some explanations about
the new features they add to GIMP. This list seems to be the right place
for that.

If we can't get help from developers, I am afraid that some FIXME will
persist
for ever.

Julien