Re: stylesheets/htmlalternate.xsl

Hi,

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 17:03 +0000, Vitaly Lomov wrote:
> As I was about to commit (rev 2202) I noticed that the file
> stylesheets/htmlalternate.xsl was marked with ? in svn status. I don't
> know what it does, I just added as part of my commit.

What is this file? It seems to be generated, thus you should not have
added it to SVN. It appears to be generated from
stylesheets/htmlalternate.xsl.in, but I don't see anything in it that
would have to be substituted by configure, so why is the file generated
at all?

> Btw, I tried adding it to .cvsignore to exclude it from commit, but
> that didn't work.

You didn't have to do anything to exclude the file from commit. Unless
you explicitely add the file, it is not committed.

The user manual isn't kept in CVS any longer. The .cvsignore files don't
have any meaning in a Subversion repository and should all be removed.
In order to tell Subversion that a certain file should be ignored,as you
used to do with .cvsignore, you need to edit the svn:ignore property of
the directory that holds the file. See
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.2/svn-book.html#svn.advanced.props.special.ignore

Sven