Re: [Gimp-developer] I would like to write a GAP user manual

Hi There

I was hoping to write the Gimp GAP manual. Unfortunately I have found
myself in a bit of a "catch-22".

I do not know the GAP side that well. I was hoping the developers would
tutor me and I could write everything in a manual. I have volunteered
hosting space for the project too. I have used Gimp for about 3 years
now. I have spent many hours learning it, yet I am still consistently
finding new features and new things that can be done with those features.

I am sure that GAP will provide many pleasant surprises for a long time
to come too.

I can only program in Python but I took a peak at the GAP source code.
It must have taken a long time to do all that work.

Having said that, there is very little documentation. It seems like such
a shame that so much hard work has gone into it but it remains difficult
to get started with(at least for me) due to the lack of documentation.

I am new to the Gimp mailing lists, please don't flame me but how do
manuals(or sections) get written without assistance from the coders?

I want to help, please let me know how.

-Patrick