Re: 2.4 Features Documenting Season now Open ;)

Axel Wernicke ha scritto:
> Great news!
>
> But the numbering for the next release - I don't know - it looks much to
> complicated. Why can't we suppress the first "2" - lets make it
> gimp-help-2.4-14.tar.gz. So the naming scheme simply sticks to the GIMP
> version major.minor and adds our own relase number. We also could
> consider to "reset" our own release numbers to zero for each new GIMP
> version. This would make the first release for GIMP 2.4 the
> gimp-help-2.4.1.tar.gz - this looks best to me!
>
> Greetings and happy writing,
>
> lexA

I personally agree with Axel (both suggestions).
Are there any reasons preventing the "first 2" suppression?

By the way, we should also pay attention to the characters that separate
the name from the release number and from the archive extension. I
personally would choose a scheme that does not conflict with Linux
distros packaging systems (that may add a package number at the end for
example).

Greetings.

--
Alessandro Falappa