Re: ChangeLog policy

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 10:32:51AM +0100, Roman Joost wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> just one thing which seems to be still misunderstood.
>
> For commiting changes to the repository, the ChangeLog policy is still
> as follows:
>
>     1. Add an entry to ChangeLog before committing. Use tabs instead of
>     spaces and indent correctly. Check the Changelog of the gimp module
>     to see how it's done correctly.
>     2. Use "svn commit" and duplicate the ChangeLog entry as the commit
>     message. (Use copy and paste or whatever).
>     3. *Always* provide a ChangeLog entry and a commit message. Even for
>     the smallest change...
>
> This is good:
>
>     http://cia.navi.cx/stats/project/gnome/gimp-help-2/.message/edc6e
>
> This is bad:
>
>     http://cia.navi.cx/stats/project/gnome/gimp-help-2/.message/eb756
>
> Please guys - follow the policy. I'm the one who get's the punishment
> for a bad formatted ChangeLog.
>
> Greetings,
> --
> Roman Joost
> www: http://www.romanofski.de
> email: romanofski@xxxxxxxx
Sorry, the fault is mine. I was doing a small fix for a wrong formatted
file committed fiew minutes before (that was a mistake and created errors
during make), trying to limit the noise. So the cure was worst the error...

BTW this commit message policy is unique in many project I'm in... is it
possible to know the reasons of such a strict policy and the punisment that
will be applicated :-] (just for the sake of sadic curiosity...)

bye

--

Marco Ciampa