Making my own sandbox

Hi all of you

I?m not quite sure of what a sandbox is, but I?m trying to make my own.

On my way to Linux I have installed Cygwin (a program simulating Unix/Linux on Windows) on my Windows XP with the gimp-help-2 in the cygwin/bin folder.

Running './autogen.sh --without-gimp' in the Cygwin window results in a message telling me that I have to install autoconf and automake 1.6 or newer.

Since there are lots of autoconf and automake files spread around in different folders it seems to me that the necessary files are on place, but the sh.exe does not know where to find them. So, my question is: If this is right, how to tell sh.exe the right paths? If I?m wrong, what am I to do to? (Some day or other I will be switching to Linux, but in the meantime ?.)

I am a newcomer to Linux and have no idea of what?s wrong. (I have browsed the cygwin FAQ sites for any help, but found nothing).

I also downloaded autogen and autoconf from GNU, but found no way to install them in cygwin. It look likes the only way to make changes in cygwin is to run the setup program using cygwins own downloads.

I think the solution is more Unix or Linux like and have nothing to do with Windows. Therefore I hope on some help from you, or am I better off trying the cygwin forum?

Kolbjørn

try also:  http://www.gimp.no