[Gimp-docs] Re: Gimp-docs Digest, Vol 29, Issue 10

Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 13:05:17 +0200
From: "Axel Wernicke" <axel.wernicke@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Gimp-docs] work in progress
To: "Vitaly Lomov" <lomovv@xxxxxxxxx>,
        gimp-docs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

commit early, commit often.

I don't have commit rights, so sending dozen small patches is a waste
of time for my commiter. I usually send one patch for a directory (if
less than 7-8 files) or split in batches of 7-8 files.

AFAIk the wip page is just an anouncement to avoid that lots of folks work in the same area of the manual.
btw. when I do commits, I've to merge manually sometimes too...

And you think that is not a wasted effort? As Marco said, since WIP is
the only method we have for the process, may as well make the best use
of it.