Re: [Gimp-docs] Migration path to xml2po

Hi,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 07:43:25 -0700
Von: "William Skaggs" <weskaggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: gimp-docs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [Gimp-docs] Migration path to xml2po

> Well, having spent a lot of time in 2004 generating English
> documentation, I believe the main reason there isn't more of
> it is the pain of writing raw xml.  I believe I would have been
> able to write twice as much material in a sane format such as
> LaTeX.  In this modern age, it seems ridiculous to me that our
> "sophisticated" system is such a burden to use.
>
> In short, the thing that is most of all needed is some system
> that will allow people to write original documentation without
> having to hand-code all the xml cruft.

There are tools which make writing xml very easy. Even WYSIWYG editors are available. Unfortunately none of them fullfill all of our requirements. Once I suggested to have a closer look into http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/ It has everything one needs and is free (altough not OpenSource), but does some xml formatting which didn't meet the taste of our vim users :)

greetings,

lexA <working with eclipse to write xml very comfortable>