Re: [Gimp-docs] Migration path to xml2po

>Hi Nickolay,
>
>I'm not familiar with the po concept at all, but isn't it more about
>translation of strings than about writing huge structured documents
>like a book?
>
>Is there any reference of a book or documentation developed with the
>technology you describe?
>
>Greetings, lexA

Right, its the default framework used by translators, the descriptions can be found at gettext manual

http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_mono/gettext.html#SEC8

Due to the work done with xml2po it's possible to use the whole gettext framework while writing docbook documentation, current GNOME documentation is developed this way, it's also very huge. It allow translators to solve the problem described in the original letter, like changes tracking and cooperation troubles.

Probably you should just try the patch and see how it works, I'll be happy to help with it's installation.