Re: [Gimp-docs] How to get the authority for committing cvs?

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 08:14:06PM +0900, In your heart.. wrote:
> Hi
>
> As my knowing, only some of the authors has the authority for
> committing cvs files. and others not, like me. so we send patch file
> and ask to commit it to them.
>
> I'm not complaining. I understand the reason why only some has.
> Just curious. who has, and who doesn't have.
> and what does need to get the authority. 'cause I want to get it, so
> I'll try to learn, or get them. ^^;
>
> Or I may tell someone who want and has them.
> plz, tell me. what does need to get the authority?
I think that there was not a common rule. Someone, like me, has gained a cvs
access for some lucky circumstances.

Once upon the time, developers world was eden,
cvs was not cripted and someone could gain easily
write permission to all the gnome cvs for example.

Nowadays the world is changed a bit. New repository are single-project,
closed and always cripted (see sourceforge or savannah for example) and
people is more suspecious and keep people under observation for a while
before opening the door of the source but your mileage may vary...

bye

--

Marco Ciampa