Re: [Gimp-docs] group with previous

thank you for this.

i will do as you recommended. and thanks for the answers.

On 8/31/06, Roman Joost <romanofski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi beyazit,

first of all, I think you're posting your mail on the wrong list. I
think you want to ask on gimp-user:

and second - avoid sending HTML formatted emails.

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 05:30:16PM +0300, beyazit kelceoglu wrote:
> question one:
> i wonder if gimp has a facility like photoshop which is "group with previous".
> when you click between the layers with alt key pressed, you can group the upper
> layer with the previous one. so you can only make changes with the boundry of
> the lower layer pixels. this is very useful when you (well i do) comic
> painting.
If I understood you right, then such a feature doesn't exist yet. You
can link layers together, which shows a chain symbol if you click
between the eye and the thumbnail.

    http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-dialogs-structure.html#gimp-layer-dialog

> question two:
> is there any facility like layer set?
Not yet.

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no death; there is the Force.