[Gimp-docs] Re: gimp-help-2 - translation for glossary: gamma

You are quite right! Your translation from norwegian is very good. A glip of my pen not to translate this in the glossary. Sorry.
with regards
Kolbjørn Stuestøl

Hello -

I am currently working on updating the English Gimp Glossary.  Norwegian
is the only language which currently has a definition for "gamma".  Can
you tell me what it says, so I can see about including the information
in the English version, please?  Perfect English is not required. :-)

<glossentry id="glossary-gamma-no" lang="no">
 <glossterm>Gammaverdi</glossterm>
 <glossdef>
   <para>
     Gammaverdien for biletskjermen er ein korrigeringsfaktor som bestemmer
     kor lys skjermen skal vere med bestemte inngangssignal. Dess høgare
     verdi, dess mørkare skjerm. Mac har standard gamma på 1,8 og gir
     såleis normalt ein lysare skjerm enn ein standard Windows PC som er
     sett til gammaverdien 2,2.
   </para>
 </glossdef>
</glossentry>

I think it is something like this, but my Danish dictionary doesn't have
quite the right words for Norwegian.

A gamma value for a picture screen is a correction factor which
determines how light the screen should be with a certain input
signal. The higher the value, the darker the screen. The Mac has a
standard gamma of 1.8 and therefore normally has a lighter screen
than a standard Windows PC, which is set to a gamma value of 2.2.

Mange tak!

Med venlig hilsen,

Sally

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roman Joost" <romanofski@xxxxxxxx>