Re: [Gimp-docs] image reference status 2006-08-19

Hi Axel,

On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 10:00:23AM +0200, Axel Wernicke wrote:
> since the problem of missing and unreferenced images in the manual is
> kind of a permanent issue, I'd like to provide a mail with the
> current status on a regular (weekly or monthly?) basis.
I think monthly will do. Thats a great idea!!

> Please note,  that missing images are white holes on the produced
> webpages and  cause the pdf creation to fail. So, we talk about a
> serious issue here.
>
> The following lines describe unsatisfied image references. If you are
> working nearby on of them, please add the missing image, or remove
> the unsatisfied reference. This preferably happens by surrounding the
> invalid image reference with comment tags like
>
> <!-- PENDING: lang [invalid reference in here] -->
>
> or by changing a reference to a non english image version to the
> english one, which should exist in most cases.
I think we should be clear here. IMO the reference should be either
removed completly or the image should be added. Nobody cares for the
comments as far as I know (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de