[Gimp-docs] image resolution in pdf/html files

First of all: I'm not an expert...be gentle!

I've just noted that the 4 images present in images/using/ui-* are
horribly scaled. A quick view at the english-pdf file showed me the
reason since I tryed to create the same snapshots for the italian
version and endedup with a pdf file with the images going outside the a4
margins. So the question is:

 - why not leaving the 1by1 pixel in the image?
   is it not possible to use a tag (for example) to tell the latex that
   that image must be scaled (for example by 1/2 or 1/3) for the printable
   version? In this manner the html pages _and_ the pdf pages would be better
   looking!

 - from the starting point that there are very important reasons not
   easily circunventeable to do in such manner, what are the
   rule of thumb for creating an image good for both the html _and_ the
   pdf versions?
   Limits in pixel?
   Valid either for A4 than Letter?
   Or for now it is best to simply do a try-compile-view cycle?
   The "Hints for making good screenshots" in the "TipsForContributing"
   do not mention this problem and I think that, whatever you experts
   decide, it is worth to ad a note..

Many thanks for the patience!

--

Marco Ciampa