Re: [Gimp-docs] Using id.as.filename

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 11:43:13 +0100, Roman Joost <romanofski@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just want to propose a slight change in the stylesheets for generating
> HTML. I think this has been discussed in several threads ago. I also
> want to vote for a change in the generated filenames, so that the id of
> the chapter is beeing used (e.g. html/de/gimp-file-open.html).
[...]

I'm all for it (even if my opinion does not count much as I do not work
much on the translations).  This would make it easier to link to the
generated pages and would also allow the users to switch between
languages in case they want to compare the translation in their own
language with the English version.  This is currently very difficult due
to the differences in chapter numbering between the different languages.
Using ids would make this much easier.

-Raphaël