JSON definitions

While building a new Gimp version I noticed that there are JSON definitions of some GEGL operations (dropshadow2, for instance).

Are these things workable now or is it a WIP?

I see than unlike the C definitions, the JSON ones do not contain ranges for the UI, but there are also .fbp (FlowBasedProcessing?) files that seem to contain a more complete definition. Are these the real source? But if so what s the process to create the JSON? I couldn't spot it in the build process.

--

Ofnuts