Re: [Gimp-developer] babl roadmap

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 12:49 AM, Jon Nordby <jononor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> you are answering in detail 'how we will get "there"' but Elle (as I see it)
> is asking more 'do you agree that we want to go "there"'. This leaves me
> unsure if you are implicitly agreeing, if you disagree and have a different
> "there" in mind, or if you think it is too early to decide this.
>
> "There" being the goal that *eventually* in GEGL 'For RGB editing
> operations, use UserRGB primaries *unless* there's a really, really good
> reason why only sRGB primaries will work.'

All of the above. I'm stating in detail how we will get as far as I
can see into the future; which will bring us closer to "there". As
well as reasons it probably will not a be binary choice when we have
more knowledge of the capabilities and constraints. The level of
detail of the roadmap is in places already too high as it both tries
to document an intermediate state as well as hint at where we possibly
want to go from there - and bits of what it documents will probably
already be invalid by the time much of it is in place.

/Ø