Re: [Gimp-developer] Don't make an architectural mistake based on a groundless premise

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Elle Stone
<ellestone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As I have indicated before, the invitation is very kind. But not everyone is
> able to drop other obligations and go to LGM.
>> until then I prefer IRC.
>
> Twice I tried to discuss problems with unbounded sRGB on IRC. It was neither
> pleasant nor productive.

That is an apt summary of this email exhange as well, neither pleasant
nor productive - sorry. At least on IRC there is the chance of
correcting misunderstanding before they've been published as books.
The only reason I have responded in this thread is that "someone is
wrong on the internet" and was spreading fundamental misunderstandings
about how babl works as well as how we intended it to be used in GEGL
in the future, I wish that time had been spent implementing it
instead.

Many of the questions in your later e-mail have been responded to in
other emails preceding your emails.

I find it ironic that the architecture that you question is the
architectural foundation that ICC also is using. With similar
constraints and performance characteristics.

/Øyvind