Re: [Gimp-developer] Don't make an architectural mistake based on a groundless premise

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 9:23 PM, Elle Stone
<ellestone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You could accomplish guiding users as to the right choices regarding linear
> vs perceptual by creating presets and allowing users the freedom to control
> their own editing decisions. You don't have to build fences around what
> people can do with their own RGB color data.

One design maxim is “Make common things easy, rare things possible.”.
If there is confidence that a default behavior covers more than
99.999% of uses, and there are intended ways of working around the
limitations - I think it might be of the benefit of both the normal
user and the deviating expert that likely also does not need to do it
in more than a couple of % of cases.

/Ø