Re: Making GEGL and Babl releases "soon"

On 29 November 2013 13:09, Daniel Sabo <danielsabo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> GEGL and Babl are both fairly stable right now, and much more stable
> than the last official versions that Gimp 2.8 is getting built against
> were. If there are no objections I am planning to make release of both
> of these some time next week so we can move future Gimp 2.8 releases
> to GEGL 0.3.

Hi Daniel,
new releases of GEGL+Babl would be nice.

However, distributions will likely not be happy with a bumped major
versions of libraries for a patch change of GIMP (2.8.x)
Do we really use GEGL in GIMP 2.8? I thought mitch disabled all the
GEGL powered functionality in 2.8 series.

--
Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com