Re: Babl CMYK-conversions

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 10:51 AM, Alexander Hämmerle
<Alexander.Haemmerle@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there seem to be some quirks in babl.
>
> 1) ./babl/base/model-cmyk.c

I've removed this file, it was unused also when building the git version.

> 2) ./babl/extensions/naive-CMYK.c

> 3) More stunning for me: model-cmyk.c exists only in the GIT clone from
> git://git.gnome.org/babl but not in the downloaded tar.bz2 from
> ftp.gtk.org/pub/babl :-?

Thank you for your observation. The naive-cmyk extension is the only
one that should be there. As CMYK conversions go it is not good enough
either which is why it is called naive (that implementation seems to
have the correct component ordering as well). An extension that
implements conversions through ICC profiles and perhaps lcms would be
a more proper way to define a CMYK based color space and pixel format.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/ ;                           http://ffii.org/