Re: babl: format comparison

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Daniel Hiepler
<rigid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Vom: Sat, 21 May 2011 22:37:41 +0000
> if(babl_format_get_type(format) == babl_type("u8"))
> {
>        /* u8 type */
> }
> else
> {
>        /* no u8 type */
> }

Yes, all Babl objects are effectively singletons - and the same
internal object will be returned for all subsequent calls that refer
to one.

>> BablFishes never change their source nor destination formats, and at
>> the moment the source and destination formats of fishes are not
>> exposed bu the publicly installed headers for babl.
>>

> Then it looks like I have to remember the formats of all created fish
> myself :(

This depends on what you are trying to do, if all you are trying to do
is to avoid creating multiple fishes referring to the same two formats
than babl already does this for you internally. Just like pixel
formats and types, you should be getting the same fish, with
significantly less computation needed. On subsequent requests.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/ ;                           http://ffii.org/