Re: GSOC 2011 - GEGL: Make OpenGL branch use OpenCL

On 3/29/11, Øyvind Kolås wrote:

> Another important issue when implementing a new set of vfunc for the
> OpenCL code (which would have to be fully conditional at compile time,
> to keep GEGL buildable without).

As much as I like OpenCL, this part of implementation is going to be
hairy, because to build an app that uses OpenCL one needs binary ATi
drivers, binary NVidia drivers or Gallium 3D. Or you would have to
keep a local copy of respective headers (or write your own ones). You
can imagine the kind of fun that packagers will have.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org