GSOC2010: an introduction

Hi all,

You may have seen an email from around this time last month asking for
feedback on a few for this years GSOC. I'm quite excited to now
introduce myself as one of the accepted students you might see hanging
around GIMP/GEGL!

Some quick snippets about me: my name is Danny Robson, and I attend the
Australian National University in Canberra, Australia as a PhD
candidate.
Typically my research is in HPC performance analysis; but as an amateur
photographer and hacker, GEGL is of greater personal interest.

In broad terms, over the next few months I proposed to implement three
tone mapping operators [0] and an image matting operator [1]. With the
guidance of my mentor Martin, I hope I can bring some exciting and
robust new features into GEGL and its surrounding ecosystem.

I intend to hang around IRC pretty constantly under the nick
'eNGIMa', though GMT+10 may work against me. I look forward to working
with you all in the coming months!

- Danny Robson

[0] * fattal02: Gradient Domain High Dynamic Range Compression
    * reinhard04: Dynamic Range Reduction Inspired by Photoreceptor
      Physiology
    * A Perceptual Framework for Contrast Processing of High Dynamic
      Range Images

[1] * levin06: A Closed-Form Solution to Natural Image Matting