[GSoC] GIMP has been accepted for Google Summer of Code 2010

Good news for GIMP and GEGL:

The list of accepted organizations for Google Summer of Code 2010 is
published, and the GNU Image Manipulation Program is accepted:

 * http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/program/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2010
 * http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/org/show/google/gsoc2010/gimp

We have two mentors:

 * Alexia Death (IRC nick: Alexia_Death or Death)
 * Martin Nordholts (IRC nick: Enselic)

Our ideas list is at:

 * http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfbrn6hs_12c7h97fdc

Please note that we're looking for students with some software
development experience this year. The requirements are listed for each idea.

Next steps
==========

Student applications can be submitted at http://socghop.appspot.com as
of March 29, 2010

See the GSoC 2010 Program FAQ for any questions regarding the
application process and the time line:

 *
http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2010/faqs
 *
http://socghop.appspot.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2010/timeline

P.S.

Please note that even though you you can't submit any application form
until March 29, it's a good idea to get in contact with us as soon as
possible - either on the gimp-developer mailing list (replies to this
mail will go there by default) or our IRC channel #gimp on the server
irc.gimp.org

Happy and successful GSoC 2010,
Michael Schumacher

--