Re: Link glib

Sorry, my web mail crashed and sending a mess message. Let me try it again:

I could not build gegl-0.1.0 on Debian 4.0 with the glib version 2.12
in /usr/lib. So, I built glib2.20 in a local directory and set it up
in pkg-config and ldconfig. But I could not remove /usr/lib/glib2.12
version as many dependant gnome applications would also be removed. It
ended up with both versions of glib in pkg-config and ldcondig.

It was fine to run the gegl configure, it picked up glib2.20, but it
failed in make although both glib2.12 in /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so and
glib2.20 were included in libtool link command:

../gegl/.libs/libgegl-0.0.so: undefined reference to `g_dgettext'

I checked Makefile and thought if I could remove glib2.12 /usr/lib
path manually from GLIB_LIBS in Makefile it would ok, but the
GLIB_LIBS does not include glib2.12, it actually only included
glib2.20 path in the Makefile. Now I confused, if the
/usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so  is not in the Makefile, where the link
/usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so came from? Please advice.

Alternatively, it might better to manually link glib2.20 in ldconfig,
I know there is a command ldconfig -l, but I've never done it, if
anyone knows how to do it, appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jupiter