Re: use of bitwise arithmetic in GEGL code

Michael:

> I doubt that the gained speed in execution performance outweights
> the messier code.

The bit twiddling absolute value was just an example. It's a
branch-free float minmod we're actually after.

Do I gather that it may be OK to use such bit twiddling provided the
speed gain is sufficient to justify code opacity?

Nicolas Robidoux

PS

Really, vector operations are where speed is to be found. But
implementation is a bit more involved than the occasional bit twiddle.