gegl build problem (babl include)

Hi,

I am having some difficulty building the most recent gegl (from a git clone). I cloned the babl repository and successfully built that, but the gegl build stops when it tries to include <babl.h> in gegl/buffers/gegl-tile-source.h.

Note I am building these libraries in a local directory. For babl I do:
./autogen.sh --prefix=/home/mason/localinstall
make
make install

and for gegl I use:
BABL_LIBS=/home/mason/localinstall/lib BABL_CFLAGS="-O2" ./autogen.sh --prefix=/home/mason/localinstall
make

The make fails when trying to include the babl header.
Should the configure script catch the different location of the babl directories, or is there a commonly understood step I am missing?

Thanks,

-Mason

Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Store, access, and share your photos. See how.