Integrating GEGL into MLT video engine -> Kdenlive

Dear all,
We are interested to use GEGL to add effects to MLT video engine(http://www.mltframework.org). MLT provides the core features to readand write video. We need powerful image processing features.
MLT is available here:git clone git://mltframework.org/mlt.git
For a working example, install Kdenlive video editor:http://www.kdenlive
An example of integration is provided with Frei0r-plugin effects. It isin the modules/frei0r directory.
Today, I read this article about Kdenlive:http://www.kdenlive.org/forum/kdenlive-v075-review-eugenia-osnewscom
We would like to address colour grading issues. Also we need a reliablesolution. We thought of Gimp and then discovered your library.
Reading Frei0r code, do you think GEGL could be easily integrated intoMLT? Do you think GEGL is suited for fast image processing?
Would someone here be interested in helping us?
Kind regards,Jean-Michel Pouré
_______________________________________________Gegl-developer mailing listGegl-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gegl-developer