Re: Cleaning up gegl_buffer_void

Adam Turcotte wrote:
>> There is no need to be unsure here, since these kind of changes should
>> come along with test cases (unless there already is a tests for this
>> code, which I suspect is the case). The test for GEGL lives in ./tests
>> and you run them with 'make check'.
>>

> There does not appear to be a test that properly examines the
> behaviour of gegl_buffer_void (). I commented out the entire contents
> of this method and all 36 buffer tests still passed.

In this case, there should be test cases written that properly tests
this function.

The function is just part of the gegl_buffer_dispose(), which is part of
the GObject destruction protocol. See
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gobject/unstable/howto-gobject-destruction.html
. The purpose of gegl_buffer_void() is simply to make sure the tile
resources are freed.

Best regards,
Martin