alignment of pixels with coordinates

My working assumption is that GEGL should be as consistent as possible
with GIMP.

gegl/gegl/buffer/gegl-sampler-cubic.c, for example, contains the
following code:

gegl_sampler_cubic_get (GeglSampler *self,
                        gdouble      x,
                        gdouble      y,
                        void        *output)
{
  gint              dx,dy;
  dx = (gint) x;
  dy = (gint) y;
  sampler_bptr = gegl_sampler_get_ptr (self, dx, dy);

Ignoring the issue of the asymetric behavior of int casting when one
crosses 0 vs the "right boundary" (see gegl-sampler-linear.c or
gegl-sampler-sharp.c for a fix) I want to double check that pixels are
understood to be centered at points with integer coordinates (for
example (0,0) is a possible pixel location, but not (.5,.5) throughout
GEGL and GIMP (excluding plug-ins, of course). If there are
exceptions, are they relevant to resamplers and abyss policies?

If there is a discrepancy between GEGL and GIMP, I will have Adam and
Eric align GEGL with GIMP as much as possible.

Nicolas Robidoux
Universite Laurentienne.