Re: GSoC idea

Martin Nordholts wrote:
> Henrik Akesson wrote:
>
>> Has anyone ever done a performance study of GEGL?
>>
>> What do you think of a GSoC project of:
>>
>> "Performance study and optimisation of GEGL."

There was an optimization round on GEGL a couple of months back with
regards to improving GIMP performance when e.g. using GEGL for the
projection. I used sysprof for profiling back then, and an awful lot of
time during processing is spent on constructing GObjects. Resuing
objects or getting rid of the constant need to create new objects should
give a significant performance improvement. There are certainly other
areas to optimize as well but GObject construction stood out.

- Martin