Re: Documenting gegl

Henrik Akesson wrote:
> I normally write some documentation of my own (when it's missing)
> Instead of writing it on my blog I could contribute it.
>
> 1. Are you interested in that?

Hi,

Absolutely, and the best way to get the documentation into GEGL is to
write patches which add this documentation to the source code. I think
the best way for you to do this is to clone the git repository (which is
a mirroring of the SVN repository) according to the instructions here:

http://live.gnome.org/GitForGnomeDevelopers

and do your work in git. The workflow on that page is a bit weird but
you'll figure out a better one. The only thing that took some time for
me to figure out is that when you get error messages when you do a

  git svn rebase

that is about non-synced revisions, just do

  rm .git/svn/origin/svn/trunk/.rev_map.f648641c-e325-0410-9857-ab48a05b167d

to force a reconstruction of the revision map. When you're done you can
just export a patch that you send to the list or attach to bugzilla.

BR,
Martin