question about speeding up gegl

Hello:

Is there a way of compiling GEGL so that resamplers (scale and rotate)
run faster when used as BATCH filters (from xml scripts)?

We are writing an article in which, among other things, we benchmark
by rotating large images and up- and downsampling them. So, we'd like
to know if GEGL svn trunk can be compiled so that it runs faster,
mostly so that we don't paint an unnecessarily slow picture of GEGL on
the basis ofconfigure options which apply to another situation.

We understand that GEGL is meant to be used in an interactive
environment, which means that caching results is generally a good
thing. However, in the context of batch processing, it does not.

Hence the above question.

-----

Another question (less pressing):

Is it possible to configure GEGL so it works as fast as it can as a
BATCH filter on images which are larger than RAM?

Nicolas Robidoux
Universite Laurentienne