Re: Speeding up/documenting the gegl code

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Sven Neumann <sven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2008-09-13 at 08:41 -0400, Nicolas Robidoux wrote:
>
>> One thing which I would not mind seeing throughout the gegl code is the systematic use of the const keyword.
>
> We will happily accept patches that introduce more constness. Pippin, do
> you agree?

Yes, more usage of const is a good thing. I think most of the public
API has const
arguments in the places where it should be, omissions there would be most
important to get fixed. For the internals cleaning up the code will
aid the future
refactoring and make development of new features like parallel processing
easier.

/Øyvind K.
 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/ http://ffii.org/