Re: Patch: GIO dependency made optionnal

Hi,
On Sat, 2008-05-17 at 21:38 +0100, Øyvind Kolås wrote:> On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Hubert Figuiere <hub@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > Here is my initial patch for GEGL to make gio an optional dependency for> > those who run an already obsolete version of glib.
I don't think this should be applied. An optional dependency in the GEGLcore will cause code duplication and it bears the risk that versions ofGEGL compiled against different versions of glib will behavedifferently. I don't see the point in doing this.
> This isn't only about obsolete versions of glib since there is no> version having a GIO> supporting all the features GeglBuffer would want it to, see bug> #533547. Thus unless> this gets resolved in glib we might have to fall back to regular posix> calls anyways.
If that happens, that is fine. But it should IMO not be optional. et'snot make the code more complex for no good reason. At the time that GEGLwill be useful enough to be actually used, glib with GIO will beavailable everywhere.

Sven