GEGL compile problems

Hi,

trying to compile GEGL on my system (Debian/AMD64) yielded an error
during the generation of the example files (output from clones.txt):

babl-format.c:438 babl_format()
        babl_format("B'aG'aR'aA u8"): not found

This seems to indicate that the babl extension library "gegl-fixups.so"
wasn't found (not the best error message ;).
Digging through the codebase i found the following line
in babl/babl-extension.c:

#define BABL_PATH              LIBDIR BABL_DIR_SEPARATOR BABL_LIBRARY

The problem here is that on my system LIBDIR was not set to PREFIX/lib
which led to the extensions not being found.

Some additional info:
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.61
automake (GNU automake) 1.9.6
command used to build: ./autogen.sh --prefix=/home/david/.local

I ended up defining LIBDIR by hand, after which gegl compiled happily.

hope this info is of use to somebody, David.