Re: Color temperature correction GeglOperation

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 6:52 PM, Jan Heller <jan.heller@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wrote it to better familiarize myself with
> Gegl and I am posting it here in hope it will be useful for
> others.

I think it is a good operation to have, so I have commited a slightly
modified version to svn.

GEGL and babl deals with the out of gamut handling themselves at a
later stage, during processing we preserve headroom and footroom. This
allows us to change the contrast of the image to bring details back in
later. The implemented gamut handling also seemed to introduce banding
that  the conversions in babl does not.

It would also be nice to replace the planckian locus lookup table with
a function that approximates it.

/Øyvind K.
 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/ http://ffii.org/