Re: Split Result?

On Jan 30, 2008 9:46 PM, Ferran Basora <fcsonline@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> the operation that I am creating renders a simple gradient from 0 to image
> width but in the middle of the image ends the gradient and starts again to
> the end of the image. I don't understand the reason.

You probably want to look at either the mandelbrot or the checkerboard
operations and how they deal with coordinates. Be aware that the
operaiton will be asked to render a subrectangle (with an x,y offset
as well) and not it's entire output in one pass. This applies to all
operations and is due to GEGL
supporting processing and generation of images larger than system RAM
as well as that this design constraint will enable a future version of
GEGL to be
performing paralell processing.

The API for writing operations is still settling, I hope you are looking at the
latest version in SVN and not the last released version, since there has been
considerable amounts of changes recently. (The next release of GEGL will be
the first release where header files for writing custom operation
plug-ins will be installed.)

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/